How to Make Rose Granita
This darling rose refreshment will put a delicious chill on you!
Granita is veritable chameleons – you can fusion their flavors in endless ways.
Granita is the Italian version of our American snowcones – although granita is a grown-up ice capade, usually including a measure of liqueur or wine.
In their non-alcohol form, granita are wonderful for clearing the palate between dining courses.
I like them best at the end of a long, hot summer day – doing a double chill down of my last remaining frazzled nerve.
Catch more of our rose recipes @ Smell The Roses
…..and for your mixologist pleasure – look at the recipe card options for more granita lab experiments!
- 1/4 cup Complete Organic Honey
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Rose Syrup or Rose Water
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice Fresh squeezed
- Rose Petals For Garnish
- Combine the honey and water in a small saucepan.
- Stirring, heat (do not boil) until honey dissolves - 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Mixing well, add the rose syrup and lime juice.
- Place this mixture in an 8x8" glass pan. Cover mix.
- Freeze at least 3 hours.
- With the tines of a fork, scrape the iced mixture to create ice shavings.
- Return to the freezer for another 2-ish hours.
- Repeat the ice scraping.
- Place your shavings in beautiful glass bowls or martini glasses.
- Cover these containers and set back in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve - drizzle a 1/2 tsp of rose syrup over the top of each container of ice shavings.
- Sprinkle with fresh or candies rose petals.
- Add one fresh green mint leaf or a small rose bud for added visual sparkle.
Optional mixture possibilities:
Fresh lemon juice, rose and a sprinkle of rock crystal sugar Pomegranate juice,
Cointreau and honey Mint syrup, cranberry juice and gin Watermelon, lime,
lemon and sugar Persian Melon, Honey and Cardamom Black Plum,
vanilla sugar and allspice Blood Orange, sage leaves and vanilla sugar Mimosa - fresh orange juice, lime juice, sugar and champagne Mango, rose syrup and almond honey simple syrup Mulberries,
simple syrup and whipped cream Strawberries, rose' wine and honey Grapefruit, Campari,
star anise and sparkling water Expresso,
choco powder and nutmeg simple syrup Rootbeer, vodka and whipped cream Raspberries,
Kir and flower honey Peach Nectar, chili, vodka and simple syrup Blackberries, Chambord and simple syrup Honeydew melon,
Chartreuse and simple syrup Blueberry, ginger, lemon and sugar Fennel,
Sambucca, balsamic cream and simple syrup Mint, Bourbon, Creme de menthe, simple syrup Lavender,
pear, lemon and sugar Chocolate, mint, rose and simple syrup Cucumber, lime, gin and mint Pineapple,
serrano chili and simple syrup Apple, cognac, vanilla cream and simple syrup Asian pear, black pepper and raisin syrup
ITEMS WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE