|Prep Time||1 hr 45 min|
|Cook Time||5 min|
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 package Active Yeast
- 4 cups Flour 4-ish cups
- 2 Eggs beaten
- cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- tsp Garlic Powder
- tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves pressed or minced*
- Mix warm water and honey in a bowl and sprinkle yeast on top. Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes to bloom.
- Stir in eggs, oil, seasonings and salt
- Add flour, half a cup at time, stirring after each addition to form a pliable dough.
- Knead until smooth then place in a well oiled bowl to rise until doubled in size (about an hour should do)
- Punch dough down and knead a few times before separating into
- 12 equal sized pieces, rolling each piece into a ball. Cover and let proof until doubled again (about half an hour this time).
- Preheat your cooking surface before rolling a dough ball out in a thin flat circle and immediately setting on your hot pan or grill, cooking for 3-4 minutes before flipping over and cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls and use in your favorite flatbread preparation!
*These are the seasonings I used and can be changed or omitted depending on how you like it
Share this Recipe