- Figs - Dates
- Pineapple Fresh or Canned to add moisture to cake
- Candied Fruits
- Citron Bits
- Cherries (Not a fan of cherries? use a mix of fresh strawberries & raspberries
- Ginger Candied or Fresh
- Eggs 2 Eggs per loaf
- Real Butter and/or Veg Shortening Softened
- Maple Syrup
- Half & Half Cream
- Orange Juice
- Spices & Nuts
- Walnuts lightly toasted
- Pecans lightly toasted
- Almonds lightly toasted
- Brazil Nuts
Liquids & Nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Lightly grease a bread loaf pan; line with parchment paper.
- Gently heat (15 mins - low-low heat) in saucepan, all fruit in mixture of alcohols. ***Be very careful when heating the alcohol, it is highly flammable.
- Cool fruit and liquid. Add prepped nuts to the fruit/alcohol mixture. Place all in lidded jars or tightly cover sealed bowl. Let this mixture marinate in cool ,dark place for at least a month - shaking jars or stirring ingr's in bowl every 3-4 days.
- Drain liquid from fruit and nuts, reserving in separate dish.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and fruits until well coated.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, butter/shortening and combination of liquid ingr's with reserved alcohol until smooth. Add this to fruit/nut mixture; mix well until fully combined and all fruits and nuts are coated with batter.
- Evenly spread the thick batter mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 F degrees until top of fruitcake is lightly browned and pulling away from sides of the pan, about 65 to 75 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; cool on a wire rack 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap in muslin or several layers of cheesecloth. Douse the cakes with a mixture of the three alcohols, place each cake into sealed baggie. Keep cakes in cool, dark cupboard.
- Every 3-4 days dribble a mixture of the three alcohols onto tops of each cake, letting it run down sides. Do this for two months before Christmas gifting time.
- Serve thin slices of the F-Cake, plain or with hard sauce or cream cheese sugar glaze.
This fruitcake is wall to wall fruits and nuts, with only enough batter to hold it together. Mix a spare amount of dry/wet/egg ingredients in relation to the amount of fruit and nuts.
**For a sublime taste treat, forego any sugar frosting and top each slice of F-Cake with a slice of soft Brie Cheese.
Also, kick up your presentation by baking individual cup-fruitcakes or bake in a traditional ring pan.
You may also deck the cake tops with alcohol marinated candied fruits. ....or arrange a couple of tiny toy palm trees on each cake top to complete the fruity booze crooze effect.