Rose Petals and White Peaches
Beautifully preparing the just ripened fruits of summer as a dessert is close to my heart. This is type of food is a sweet expression of your love and it honors the natural spirit of whatever freshly picked fruit you choose.
* Rose Syrup Recipe is here: Smell the Roses
The simplicity of this recipe is what underlies its beauty. Those you make this for are in for a lovely treat!
- 1 cup Rose simple syrup
- 1 cup Water
- 2" Strip of Lemon Peel Grate
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice Fresh
- 4 Springs Lemon Verbena or Med Rose Geranium leaves snip into small pieces
- 4 White Peaches (you may use regular peaches or Asian doughnut peaches)
- Mix syrup, water, lemon peel and juice and herb leaves in med saucepan.
- Bring to a gently rolling simmer.
- Add peaches, cover pan and poach over low heat 20-25 mins until the flesh is tender.
- Remove peaches from syrup. Let cool, then peel.
- Heat and reduce the remaining syrup to 1 cup. Cool and strain.
- Pour syrup into lidded glass container. Add peaches to the syrup. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hr (or overnight).
- To serve, place peaches in attractive dessert bowl or martini glass. Spoon chilled syrup over peaches.
Opt: Sprinkle peach tops with nuts.
Serve with a small fresh sprig of lemon verbena or a couple of small geranium leaves.
Top with a scattering of fresh rose petals.
You may use other fresh fruits or berry blends in place of the peaches for this dessert dish, such as:
Sweet Apples (peel before poaching)
Grapes (pierce skin)
Mango (peel and seed-slice lengthwise)
Papaya (peel and seed-slice lengthwise)
Kiwi (peel before poaching)
Melons (seed and chunk)
Bananas (peel before poaching)
Guava (peel before poaching)
By Frisky Fresh
ITEMS WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE